Located in Lethbridge, AB, I am a psychologist, registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists, providing 1-hour in-person and virtual counselling services to residents of Lethbridge and throughout Alberta.
My approach to counselling focuses on building a strong connection together and developing trust. Trust in therapy is crucial, and if you make the decision to work with me, I want you to feel comfortable and have trust in me as you share your personal story.
I incorporate a variety of therapeutic techniques in my counselling to help you reach your desired goal including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and Person-Centered Therapy.
I am passionate about and specialize in providing counselling and support to women experiencing challenges related to the journey into and through motherhood. With a Perinatal Mental Health Certification through Postpartum Support International, I am able to provide counselling services which include but are not limited to;
- The adjustment to motherhood (ambivalence, guilt, shame, anger, identity shift, isolation, body image struggles)
- Mental health challenges experienced during pregnancy and/or postpartum (depression, anxiety, OCD, other)
- Trauma related to childbirth and postpartum PTSD
- Grief and loss related to miscarriage, stillbirth, or termination of a pregnancy
- Struggles to conceive, fertility difficulties, and related stressors
- Relationship conflicts and parenting challenges
- Childhood history of trauma, abuse, or neglect
- Family history of dysfunction which make it difficult to parent now